Sadhana Nritya Sangeet Vidyalaya has earned a name for itself as a premium training institute for Kathak Dance and Hindustani Classical Music, where training is offered, both online and in person. The institute was founded in 1983 in Mulund, the serene and green northern suburb of Mumbai.
Over the years, hundreds of young and old students – between 3 and 75 years of age – have learnt the fine arts and some of them have gone on to win several high level competitions up to the national level. The Institute is affiliated with Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal (Miraj).
Many have completed the “Express Course” successfully, with Distinction in exams for Kathak dance, Hindustani classical vocal, Harmonium and Keyboard. We offer our students the facility and techniques to learn the first three years’ course in around one year. How? More than syllabus, we teach techniques, meaningful classical expressions and professionalism. This is a new way of understanding dance and music, so that our students’ focus is on quality and not quantity. We have honed and fine-tuned these techniques of learning since Guru Shashilata Gupta started teaching over 35 years ago.
At the Institute you can learn
Group Kathak Dance at the Guru Purnima Event (click to open album)
- Harmonium & Casio Musical Keyboard
We prepare our students for exams from
- Akhil Bharatiya Gandharve Mahavidyalaya (all art forms & instruments offered at the institute)
- Trinity College Exams (for guitar)
What the students have to say about our Institute
- Mrs. Gupta is a very dedicated teacher and I have had a very good experience with her. She is also very flexible with the timing of the classes.
– Saroj Anand
- The functioning of her Vidyalaya is quite transparent in terms of the fees, rules and regulations. Mrs. Gupta is very honest in her teaching.
– Kavita Makhija